skip to content
SHIPSAN TRAINET Project
Information for passengers travelling by ships
The passenger shipping industry in Europe
EU SHIPSAN Project
Training material and e-learning
Public Health on passenger ships
Food safety legislation
Potable water safety
Welfare of animals in transit
Safety rules and standards for passenger ships
Communicable diseases surveillance
Border measures for public health purposes
Guidelines on Ship Sanitation and Communicable Diseases Control
World Health Organization Guidelines
Other guidelines on Ship Sanitation and Communicable Diseases Control
Guidelines on Gastrointestinal diseases
Guidelines on Respiratory diseases
Guidelines on Potable water
Guidelines on spa pools
US CDC Vessel Sanitation Program
Health Canada Cruise Ship Inspection Program
New South Wales Public health surveillance and response in the Port of Sydney
Food borne diseases
Water borne diseases
Vector borne diseases
News & Events
Polls & Surveys
1) Occupational health legislation and practices related to seafarers on passenger ships focused on communicable diseases: results from a European cross-sectional study (EU SHIPSAN PROJECT).
2) Hygiene inspections on passenger ships in Europe - an overview.
3) State of the art: public health and passenger ships.
4) The decision making process on public health measures related to passenger ships: the example of influenza pandemic 2009.
5) Surveillance and control of communicable diseases related to passenger ships in Europe.
6) CDROM with the results of the EU SHIPSAN Project study
7) Preparedness for the prevention and control of influenza outbreaks on passenger ships in the EU: the SHIPSAN TRAINET project communication
page last update: 2009-06-05